On November 23, 2009 we planted lettuce and learned about how it can grow. Our class had never planted lettuce before. You should go look at it. It is growing nicely. If you want to grow some here's what you have to do:
1) Soften your soil with a hoe.
2) Once the soil is fluffy ad compost.
3) Make the soil flat with a rake.
4) Make sure the lettuce is not too close together. It needs about 6 inches to grow.
5) Now sprinkle the seeds on the soil.
6) Then write lettuce on a label so you know where you planted.
7) Be careful with the seeds. They are small easy to lose.
8) Rub the soil with your hands.
9) Be sure to take care and water it at least once a day when it's young.
Once you've done this you've planted it. You will one day see it has two leaves. It should take about a week. When it fully grown you can pick it, wash it and then eat it!